Only a week to go till Valentine’s Day are you organized? I know most college students are on a tight budget to buy presents for their loved ones but are still eager to preserve the tradition of giving gifts and celebrating Valentine’s Day this year.
There are actually a wide variety of options and ideas on what to buy and do this coming hearts day. These would include fancy dinners, jewelries, chocolates or a bouquet of red roses. But if you’re restraining yourself from spending tons of your money, there are also a lot of cheap Valentine’s Day ideas you might want to try. Check out our list of 10 Cheap Valentine’s Day Ideas for College Students.
1. Craft your own valentines card – Be creative in making your valentines card for your special someone. Search for all your cute stuff and supplies that you may not need. Most people do love to receive personalized gifts than the pre made one.
2. Collect memorable photos – Make a collage or personalized frame full of all your memorable moments together. Arranged them by events, months or years (depends on how long you’ve been together).
3. Dining in – Instead of having your dinner at expensive restaurants, why not just have it at home. Cook your most delicious specialty, prepare some candle lighting and put on some sweet background music.
4. Watch movies at home – Instead of going to the cinemas to watch a Valentine movie, it is also great to grab your favorite DVDs, or browse the internet for good movies online.
5. Free or discounted events – Try finding a free or discounted student event near you. Such as art exhibits, local museum, zoo, theater or your local fun parks. Promos are all around for this special occasion.
6. Celebrate with Mother Nature – If you’re looking for an outdoor activity, why not try hiking or nature walking and grab your picnic basket. And breathe some fresh air!
7. Play games – This is not the hide and seek thing you’re thinking! Play some cool board or card games at home. You may also want to invite for more friends and make it a double date. The more the merrier!
8. Bath or massage for two – Choose to have this bath or massage activity for V-day. Not only it’s cheap but it is also a good way to get away with stress during this special day!
9. Karaoke day! – Love singing? Why not try singing your heart out all day. Not only that, you can also sing and dedicate a song for your special someone and you’ll see their blushing cheeks!
10. Create a V-day FB post – No cost at all! Create a unique, touching and sweet Facebook posts for your loved ones. This is the most trending way to greet them this Valentines Day!
And lastly – DON’T FORGET TO TELL THEM SINCERELY AND WITH LOVE THE 3 MAGIC WORDS (I LOVE YOU!) …. This may be the most effortless thing to do but it will still melt their hearts.
It is not a rule to have an expensive Valentine’s day gift for your loved ones this coming Feb 14. You just have to make it more personal, craft it with love and make their Valentines Day more memorable than ever! PS always remember, it is the thought that counts!