One of the things you need to deal with in college is your dorm room. Things like furniture, wallpaper, decorations, bed and bedding, appliances and any other things necessary for your stay during the semester and all year round.
Do you have a boring dormitory and you wish to make it more lively and energetic? Here are some tips to turn your room into a colorful and beautiful living space.
- Paint your walls into something you like or prefer. If it is an option, you can really lift the feel of a room by giving it a splash of color. It is advisable not to color your walls in school colors rather use complementary shades. You could used turquoise as the primary color and have red or black as an accent. The idea is to have a color combination and not just one.
- Use removable Wall Stickers. If it’s not an option for you to paint your room, then consider looking at Wall Decals. There are hundreds of places that offer them and they can really give your dorm room a new look without damaging the walls as most of them are removable. Some places will even print your own custom design.
- Find the best layout for your furniture. Rearrange your furniture such as your bed and couches from one side to another, this can help you find the best and the most comfortable space to set up your own things.
- Decide the proper lighting. The lights you have can dramatically vary the tone of the room. Purchase nice lamps. Have a look around store near you for beautiful and eye soothing lights you can use.
- Buy a multi-purpose table. You could either use the table for dinner, a study area, game table or just a creative space in your room. Find the ones that fits the size of your room.
- Use picture frames. Aside from taping in different photos into your room, it’s nicer and neat to have them in picture frames. Picture frames give your photos and pictures a border which makes them stand out more.
- Best comforter. Buy the best and most comfortable comforter and don’t let it ruin your good nights sleep.
- Nice throw pillows. Add accent to your room by having nice-looking throw pillows. You can usually pick them up at cheap prices.
- Utilize helpful goodies. For your closet, add some helpful tools to make your life more easier. You could use plastic hooks for hanging your towel, have a shoe organizer that can be placed at the back of your closet door.
Remember that your dorm room is the place where you need to feel at home, try not to over clutter it with things, but adding a few different items to give it a personal touch can make it feel more like home.
Why not check out our Pinterest Board of Dorm Room ideas!