Are you trying to decide whether to live on campus or getting yourself an off-campus apartment? Maybe you have no choice and you need to find an apartment close to College that meets your needs. Just by following these 5 steps, you will be ensuring that you are maximising your searches and finding the perfect place close to College that suits all your requirements.
It can take a significant amount of time to find the right place, put through your rental application, sign the rental agreements, so we’ve provided you with some tips to make sure that the process goes as smoothly as possible.
1. Know your Budget. Knowing your finances and your capacity to pay for the bills and other expenses is the most important information you will need to assess and make sure that heading this way is the most applicable decision to make. You will need to consider where would your money came from, do you have enough cash on hand to pay for the deposit, what will the cost be to commute, purchase food and the like.
2. Look at possible listings. After knowing the things regarding your finances, now you can begin looking for the right apartment. Sometimes you will find information available for you posted around the college regarding possible off-campus rentals. You could also ask your friends if they know of any apartments for rent around the college area. Often if you are able to find a rental through word-of-mouth you are able to get a cheaper deal on the rent as there will be no agents involved.
3. Consider the Rental Period. Be sure to clarify what the terms of your rental agreement may be. Some rental agreements may run from January to January and you may end up having to pay rent for the time you are not using the property. Before signing any contract, read through it all and be sure that you understand everything that is covered. Do not hesitate to seek clarification on any terms that you may not be clear on.
4. Still be associated with Campus things. You’re maybe excited to have explored the off-the campus accommodation but you still need to get involved with on campus activities such as joining clubs and other organizations. This will help you to connect with our peers and also provide you with extra activities in your spare time.
5. Safety off- campus apartments. If you’re planning to live off-campus, make sure you consider the security of the property and also how you will get to and from your home. Is your apartment close enough to walk to College? If so, is it safe to be walking at night time in the area you are in? Be sure that the apartment you have chose has a secure locks on every door and window.
Keeping these factors in mind will help in making sure your off-campus apartment is all you want and need – safe, peaceful, comfortable, affordable and accessible.