Having a lot of things on your mind? Can’t focus on your studies, but you need to get your study notes done. This is one of the many problems or issues that a college student may encounter every now and then. FOCUS. You brain gets distracted easily most of the time, especially when you’re tired or a more interesting thing catches your eye. So how do you get yourself focus? Below is a list of five tips on how you can get yourself up and stay focused at college.
- Do away with obvious distractions. Put away your cell phones. Turn them off, as well as your laptop or personal computers. You may put a sign on your door announcing that you need time to study and avoiding unnecessary loud voices or calls would be a big help.
- Grab everything you needed to sustain your energy while studying. Don’t forget that your body consumes energy while you are studying. So you needed to take good care of yourself so that our brain can function well. Having a few healthy snacks by your desk is great for replenishing your brain without having to leave your desk and risk being distracted by other things.
- The best time for you. Choose the appropriate time for yourself in which you could have a much better time to have your study sessions. You know yourself better than anyone else so you must choose the time that you will be most productive and your brain is working at its full potential
- Give attention to internal distractions. There are some distractions that come from within and are not always external. Those questions that concern you and keeping your focus away from you. Accept those distracting questions and tell yourself that you will deal with them later, write them down on a piece of paper or come up with a logical answer for the question and tell yourself that it is resolved and to move on to study.
- Get ready and feel comfortable. Be prepared, have a well lit, comfortable area to study in. Make sure you chair and desk are clear so that your mind can think clearly. Set your mind for the things you NEED to do and with that concentration will be a lot easier. Don’t waste your time just looking at your notes with a blank state of mind. Be determined and always set priorities.